Easy DIY Children's Halloween Costumes: Gumball Machine10.19.2015
[all photos by the incredibly talented roxana b photography]
here's what you need for your own
DIY Gumball Machine Halloween Costume
piece of card board
fabric paint (these can be bought at Walmart or any local craft store. I bought mine in the primary colors red, yellow, and blue, and then just mixed them together to get the other colors I wanted.)
circular foam paint brush (can be bought in a pack at Walmart)
giant red hair bow
bag of gumballs (optional)
1. grab a paper plate and place each color of paint on it.
2. place your t-shirt on a flat working surface and then place your piece of cardboard in between the layers of your t-shirt.
3. dip your circular foam paint brush into one of your paint colors and then press your paint brush sporadically over the lower half of your t-shirt. Do this with each color that you are using until you get the desired gumball look that you want on your shirt.
4. once finished place your shirt in a safe place to completely dry.
5. when ready to wear, pair the gumball shirt with your red leggings (these will represent the stand of the gumball machine) and place the big red bow in your child's hair (this will represent the red metal cap found at the top of a gumball machine).
optional: fill a clear party favor bag with some actual gumball candy for your child to use as a prop with their costume. you could also even make a large sized quarter out of some poster board if you were feeling a little more ambitious!