Fashion & Business: Graphic Tees, Midi Skirts, and Networking7.13.2015
now on to the business. when it comes to being and entrepreneur, one of my favorite things to do is network. i love meeting and working with people. what can i say, i'm a people person!
so, if you are thinking of starting a blog, business, etc. or are just getting started with pursuing your entrepreneurial dreams, here are some things you should know about networking.
1) when going any place that you could potentially meet new collaborators, always have your business cards with you. these are your tangible calling cards that give people an idea of what you are all about and help make you unforgettable.
2) smile and socialize. think about it. when you are in a room full of people don't yet know. who are the ones you are drawn to most. those who are happily interacting with others. or those standing against the wall?
3) always have a few collaborative ideas at the ready that can easily be tweaked to meet the specific needs of those you are wanting to work with.
4) make personal connections. whether its through your love of fashion, the number of kids that you have, the places you like to travel. while talking to those that you want know better and network with, find a way in which you can easily relate to one another. this can instantly deepen the willingness a potential collaborator may have to when it comes to networking with you.
5) follow through....and with haste. whenever you have shared networking ideas, projects, etc. with other individuals, make sure to follow through with an e-mail a few days after your physical meeting.
bada bing. bada boom!
if you follow those five steps, your networking opportunities will be endless!